Taking the Test: Instructions, Rules, Terms & conditions
Registration and payment for the test must be done online (at https://cepps.aud.edu) using a valid credit card. Responsibility for credit card validity and acceptance for making payment rests entirely with each candidate.
To ensure that the test is conducted in a smooth, problem-free manner and that the integrity of the test and the testing process is safeguarded, candidates are required to follow meticulously the following instructions:
- Testing will take place on specific dates (see below schedule) from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. during Ramadan) in a computer lab (B 205) on the 2nd floor of the School of Business. There will be signs on campus directing candidates to the test venue.
- Candidates must be present outside B 205 15 minutes before the test begins, i.e., no later than 6:45 p.m. (11:45 a.m. during Ramadan).
- Candidates must bring to the test venue their (a) valid Emirates ID card (for UAE residents) or valid passport (for non-resident visitors); (b) a copy of the e-mail/receipt confirming their registration for the specific test date.
- Candidates who do not have the required ID and registration confirmation will not be allowed to take the test, even if their names are on the proctor’s list. They will be asked to leave the room immediately.
- Candidates will not be allowed to log in and start taking the test until the test begins at the set time and they are told by the proctor that they may start.
- To log in, candidates must use the same e-mail address they used when they registered for the test. It is the candidates’ responsibility to remember (or bring with them) this e-mail address; otherwise, they will not be able to log in and take the test. In this case, it will be their responsibility to register and pay again online to take the test at a future date. (There will be no refund of the registration fees for the missed test.)
- After the test begins, candidates who arrive late will not be allowed to enter and take the test. It will be their responsibility to register and pay again online to take the test at a future date. (There will be no refund of the registration fees for the missed test.)
- The same rule (no refund) will apply to candidates who do not show up to take the test on the date for which they registered.
- Candidates are not allowed to ask questions or request clarifications from the proctor about the contents of the test. Engaging the proctor in conversation is also not allowed.
- Talking or other forms of communication between candidates during the test are strictly prohibited. ANY attempt to engage in such communication will be considered a breach of integrity. Other prohibited acts, including but not limited to disruptive behavior, possessing mobile phones, smart watches or other communication devices, notes, or other unauthorized materials, will also constitute a breach of integrity. The candidate(s) involved will have their tests disqualified and will be reported to Dubai Economy. This may negatively affect the candidates’ licensing application.
- At the end of the two-hour test period, the proctor will announce that time is up. Candidates must then immediately stop answering the test and remove their hands from the keyboard. Failing to do so may result in a candidate’s test being disqualified.
- A candidate who finishes taking the test before the end of the two-hour test period must remain seated and raise his/her hand. The proctor will come to the candidate’s desktop and verify that the test has been properly submitted. The candidate will be required to sign confirming submission. The same procedure applies at the end of the test: the proctor will go around and verify proper submission before candidates can leave.
- Upon submission of the test, candidates will see a pop-up informing them that they can view their test result and score by logging into their account on the CEPPS website at https://cepps.aud.edu.
- Candidates who pass the test will receive an e-mail notifying them when their CEPPS certificate will be available for pick-up within 1-2 working days. A PDF of the certificate can be provided upon request. They can pursue their licensure transaction directly with Dubai Economy.
- Candidates who fail the test will be required to take and pass a five-day qualifying course at AUD. The course concludes with a project instead of the exam.
- To register for the required qualifying course, candidates must go to https://cepps.aud.edu, click the Dubai Economy logo at the top right and log in.
- The Management Skills Placement Test (MSPT) is administered by CEPPS at the American University in Dubai for Dubai Economy, which is the entity that officially approves the test. The scores achieved by candidates upon taking the test are final. Candidates are not allowed to question or request a review or discussion of their scores or of the MSPT structure, contents and scoring system. AUD-CEPPS will not entertain such requests.